Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Picnic vs Friends


“What are you planning to do over there? Are you going to have a swim?” Selena whispered in my ear. I said no since I had overheard that the water at the reserve was polluted. My friends and I were chattering excitedly due to the muttering that Mr Burt was having with the other teachers. The whole school sat in the hall waiting for a reply from Mr Burt.

Every year the whole school went to the Pt England Reserve to have a picnic. Guess what? Today was the day, 25th of March was the date Mr Burt had chosen for our picnic.

One by one every class went out of the hall and started heading down towards the reserve. I heard a lot of people growing restless and impatient. fifty metres away and then...BANG! The music will start and the picnic will start rocking!

My class, room 20 found a nice tree which provided shelter, to sit under. The view we had was of the water, it was shining in the sun and it was absolutely STUNNING! The glow on the sea was like a shining crystal.

Santy joined my friends and I for the fun that we were having. Toreka managed to get a mat for us to relax on. The wind was blowing hard so it created the mat to form a wave over our heads, as if we were in a tsunami. All this time we were laughing and having a lovely time.

The day had flown as if it was a plane from over our head just vanishing from the sky into the clouds. I’d had an wonderful time relaxing and having fun with my friends. “It has been, one of the best days of my life” Selena murmured into my ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment