Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Exhilarating All Blacks Fans!


My sister spoke into my ear “Hurry up and get ready, we’re going town, and I know you want to come, so don’t say no!”.  It had been minutes since she had said that. As we got to town we met up with some of my sisters friends. Getting there was pretty hard since everything was packed like a colony of bees. You turn to the right and see people dressed up and supporting the All Blacks you turn to the left and see supporters of the France team, there weren’t many. Well to be honest, there were mostly All Black fans, so the France supporters were NOTHING compared to the All Blacks fans.

As the sun set, town got more packed. People started drinking and smoking more and more. Everybody was walking in all directions. There was only about 1 hour left till the Rugby World Cup and everybody started sitting down on the streets to get ready and to watch the RWC.

The game was only 10 minutes away to the start and everybody gathers together to watch it. All the players were shown on screen and everybody started screaming and shouting there heads off. My ears felt like they were about to explode any second. Luckily they didn't.

40 minutes up and the score was 5 - 0 and the leading team was the All Blacks. Everybody stands up, takes a stretch, then sits back down. My ears were going to explode any minute again. The game had started again, and all that cheering started again. Was I going to survive through a heap of that?

The tension started building up. The France team was catching up to the all Blacks and there was a possibility that they could win against New Zealand. “No way, this can’t happen” I repeated in my mind several times. The score was 8 - 7 and still in the leading position was the All Blacks.

People start the countdown until the end of the Final game. As soon as the referee said 80 minutes up, everybody starts screaming and hugging. Throwing bottles of bear on the ground, there was glass smothered over the roads. Richie McCaw proudly held the Webb Ellis Cup for New Zealand and now I’m proud to say  “I’m a All Blacks supporter / fan”.   

No comments:

Post a Comment