Guess what we are learning about? Well Pt England School is learning about Volcanoes and about things that are associate to Earth such as Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Volcanoes and much more. I am mostly looking forward to knowing all the things that relate to Volcanoes such as Magma, Lava, Tectonic Plates, Subduction and much more.
1. Do you know New Zealand's biggest volcano? New Zealand's biggest Volcano is Taupo.
2. Do you know where the biggest Volcano is, in the whole universe? In the whole universe te biggest volcano is on Mars.
3. A volcano off coast of Italy, erupts once every 20 minutes! Its known as lighthouse of Mediterranean.
4. Every year 20 to 30 volcanoes erupt.
5. On Hawaii, Mauna Loa is the largest live volcano on Earth! One of the eruption lasted for 1 and 1/2 years.
6. Did you know Volcanoes are named after Vulcan. This is the roman god of fire and metalwork.
7. Mount St. Helens is 4,500 years old - young for a volcano.
8. Tsunami is a Japanese word for wave breaking in the harbour.
9. The worlds newest island appeared near Tonga in 1995.
10. Most of the Earths Volcanoes are under the sea.
11. There are no Volcanoes in Australia.
12. To Keep volcanoes dormant, the Actecs fed them women.
13. The volcanoes on Venus may still be active.
So these were the awesome facts about Volcanoes. I am looking for forward to all the things that I will be learning this term. Thank You.
I would specially like to thank ( http://www.catravelservices.com/management/tours/pictures/Tour-ArenalVolcano.jpg ) for this lovely image.